The challenge presented by the SDGs is increasing collaboration capacity worldwide so that all change processes can be carried out in a peaceful, professional, efficient, and effective way that honours the intention of the global sustainable development movement.
Some projects may choose to have a thematic focus, such as water (or nutritional) security, decent work (and entrepreneurship), or civic engagement. A pre-feasibility and/or feasibility study will help to realize a sustainable and viable project.
1. Pre-Feasibility Studies and Readiness Checks /Assessment
- If a clearly defined outline of a project idea does not exist yet.
- Support of initial investigation to determine certain aspects and appropriate conditions for the application of a feasibility study, to narrow down the possibilities, and to testify diverse scenarios for a viable project idea.
- Explore and develop project idea by needs analysis, scenario development and testing resonance.
2. Feasibility Studies
- An early investigation and exploration of a project idea or scenario is done.
- Provision of a detailed analysis with respect to viability and profitability of project idea (the elements to include in a feasibility study vary according to the type of project and can be: Focus support, comprehensive information of background knowledge and trends through detailed research, collection of structures with their strengths and necessities, implementation of guided interviews, field trip, clear definition of objectives, indicators and/or impact hypotheses, comparing and contrasting scenarios, identifying and describing alternatives, estimation of resource allocation, inter alia).
- Debriefing and discussion of the conclusions with principal.