What are the advantages of running courses online (instead of classroom trainings)?
- CLI is versed in interactive and dynamic digital facilitation that allows for an immersive experience, connection among participants, and fun!
- Diversity of facilitators; they can come from anywhere in the world
- Diversity of participants; they can come from anywhere in the world and it is easy to include additional participants
- Participants save on travel and accommodation costs
- Save time that you would otherwise spend on travelling
- Lower CO2 emissions
- Working online shows respect during a pandemic
- Courses will be recorded and turned into user-friendly short sessions for participants
- Knowledge transfer made easy: most of us work with a computer every day, so all knowledge gained in an online is already there
To give you the whole picture, we also share here the disadvantages that we found in comparison to in-person classroom trainings and how to tackle these challenges:
- Group dynamics: people connect with each other easier and more natural when they are in the same (physical) room. However, after 3 or 4 days of intensive online trainings, all our groups confirmed that they feel more connected to each other and would like to stay in touch with some other course participants.
- Socializing and networking: in online formats, we cannot offer coffee breaks and welcome dinners like in our in-person trainings. However, creative ideas to socialize and network during the breaks are constantly developed, both by CLI and the participants themselves!
- Zoom fatigue: sitting in front of a computer and concentrating the whole day is definitely a challenge and it’s obvious that some people have a higher risk of getting zoom fatigue when staying too long in front of the computer. However, you can minimize the effect by concentrating fully on the course and closing all other distractions that a computer offers during the course time. And CLI offers plenty or energizer excercises throughout the trainings to keep you engaged.
These are the CO2 flight emissions in 2020 that online intensive trainings saved compared to in-person open courses. For the current and detailed savings, please refer to the CO2 calculation list.